I decided to write this article shortly after we purchased a truck for Bill to use for his business. Yes, it was older but good lord….How could it run when it lost so much grease on our driveway?
Living in a small complex where neighbours keep their places immaculate, our driveway was looking beyond bad. I recalled that this occurred once before at a different home and how I fixed it. I immediately thought, TheJoysofJodi.
Tools required are simple especially if you have a cat!! So, crazy easy(as are most of my DIY ideas).
- Kitty Litter
- Dawn Dish soap(optional)
You will also need to have your old running shoes and the ability to twist your hips as you can see in the video.
- Shake kitty litter over grease spots. Be generous with litter.
- Grind that litter into your stones or cement using a twisting or scratching method(as seen in video)
- Repeat 2 steps above
- Leave overnight(as long as there is no rain in forecast)
- Sweep up litter and discard
- Hose off the areas with a strong spray setting on your garden hose, let dry for 24 hours
IF you still have stains
- Liberally squirt Dawn dish soap on grease spot
- Add a little water and using a scrub brush, make into a paste
- Leave for about 20 minutes
- Hose off the areas with a strong spray setting on your garden hose
The last time I performed this DIY, the Dawn dish soap was not required. Most likely because I caught the stain within a week so it hadn’t had time to soak in for too long. Here is the after photo.
Your DIY is now complete and hopefully your neighbours will stop glaring at you over their glasses teehee.
Here is the most important step and should take place ASAP. Get the damn leak fixed.