If you are always looking for new a salad to get away from the every day, chef, ceasar, garden, greek etc, this is the one you need. With fresh baby spinach, roasted butternut squash, sweet peppers and brussel sprouts, the flavours are incredible. Tonight we had company for dinner. They have gone so I can write this review on a new recipe. I came across this recipe on Facebook. I am not sure if any of my friends have tried it but someone posted it 🙂
Our friends are trying to stay away from carbs(as are we but not so successful). This fresh salad is the answer if you are looking for lighter/healthy carbs with a little protein. The ingredients are very straight forward so you don’t need to hunt for specific/strange ingredients which can frustrate you when making something new. The video below is very straight forward, I didn’t even write it down. However, I will share the ingredients to make it just a bit easier for you.
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 red pepper, pepper, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 small butternut squash, skinned and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 lb of brussel sprouts cut in half with core cut back and loose leaves removed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 ripe avocado, cut in half, remove pit and scoop
- 1/2 fresh lime
- salt & pepper
- fresh garlic or garlic powder(I used a 1/4 tsp of garlic powder)
So, without further ado, here is the video for Roasted Veggie Salad with Avocado Dressing….like I said, Deeeelicious!!
“Delicious” – Jim Backus